To be sure that you have the relevant experience and are fully ready to begin the Divemaster Course, candidates must meet the following PADI Dive Master prerequisites:
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Show evidence of 40 logged scuba dives
- Completed EFR Primary & Secondary Care training within 24 months (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation)
- Provide a Medical Statement showing you have been evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within the past 12 months.
You should also be in fairly good physical condition as the Dive Master Course can be physically demanding and strenuous.
To make sure you are fully prepared for your role as a Dive Master, to help you gain the knowledge and information that will help you pass the course and to help you become a good PADI professional there is a list of PADI materials that you must have for the course:
- PADI Dive Master Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual
- RDP Table and eRDPML including associated Instructions for Use booklets
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Dive Master Slates
- Instructor Guides for programs a Dive Master may conduct:
- Discover Scuba Diving Program Instructor Guide
- Skin Diver Course Instructor Guide
- Scuba Review Instructor Guide
- Discover Local Diving Instructor Guide
- Log book
What scuba gear will you use?
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Our PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
We are happy to assist you to get advice about everything you’ll need as a dive pro.For further info and / or possibilities, please feel free to contact us.
Our experienced team, with more then 17 years experience, is happy to assist you with a wonderful start as PADI Dive Professional.